My favorite run! Scenic single trail running with rolling hills, sand dunes, beach, views of the water inlet and moss dangling from trees.
Directions from Seashore (First Landing)State Park parking lot.
1. Park car in main area parking lot. Run approx. 1/4 mile back down the paved road you came in on. Look for a gate (2nd gate) on the left that says Long Creek Trail.
2. Trail will be marked with orange dot on trees, several smaller fake trails cut off of it. Trail will eventually wind around to a view of the water inlet.
3. Whenever coming to another trail intersection STAY RIGHT!!. There will be a steep 100 yard sandhill about 2 miles into it. The view is great up there.
3. Run along the ridge and TAKE THE OSPREY TRAIL RIGHT which will take you down onto the beach. It will eventually hook back up with Long Creek Trail (turn right again)after about a mile.
4. Follow Long Creek trail to the paved road (4 miles) and turn LEFT. Follow the paved road approx. 1/2 mile to the small parking lot.
5. Turn left into the small parking lot (There is a water fountain and porta potty here). Take the main wide dirt/bike trail approx. 3 1/2 miles back to the main parking lot.