Most races are outsourcing their online registration service these days and it makes sense to do so. When choosing a company to offer this service, you should choose the one that offers the best service, that offers the most reliable payments, that provides the most support for your event and the one that is the easiest to work with. In case you haven't guessed already, that company is MarathonGuide.com.
Why use MarathonGuide.com for online registration?
We start our pitch by saying that revenue that we make from online registration helps support this website - which is all about supporting the running community... So, by using our services, you're helping us to help you!
We continue our pitch by saying that we provide the best service available and provide a checklist to compare against the others providing this service:
- We accept all major credit cards (MC/Visa/Amex/Discover)
- We provide ontime and accurate payments every two weeks
- We don't require a two-year commitment
- Printable and email receipts are sent to all registrants and you may create a custom confirmation message as well.
- We provide a complete suite of reports and graphs - over 30 specific financial, registrant and demographic reports and graphs.
- Search and confirmation tools are available to registrants for use as links from your own site.
- We provide a complete suite of communication tools: email tools (no cost), domestic postcard services ($0.30/card including postage)
- Data may be downloaded anytime for your own analysis or for import into timing programs.
- Custom questions and discounts can be built into the form at no cost.
- Our system is available 24x7.
- We offer integrated volunteer registration services at no cost.
- We offer complementary banner ads on MarathonGuide.com (marathons only).
- We offer website support for your website (generally at no cost).
All of this is included at the lowest fees currently available (which includes all credit card processing fees)
- We offer the lowest fees available with three choices:
i) if the registrant pays, the fee is 6%+$0.50 per transaction.
ii) if the race pays, the fee is 5.75%+$0.50 per transaction.
iii) the race and registrant may split the fee (5.9%+$0.50).
- We offer these fees even as we accept all major credit cards (including Amex w/ its higher fees).
- Discounted rates may be available for marathons with over 4,000 registrants.
Since we began offering online registration services in 2000, not a single client has stopped using our service. On the other hand, many races have switched to us from other suppliers and they are uniformly happy that they have made the switch. Please contact us to see what we can do for you - you'll be happy that you did.