Good, but... (about: 2002)|
Hazael Martinez from Monterrey, Mexico (6/22/02)
Prague Intl. Marathon 2002 was my first marathon and overall it was a great experience. Prague is a world class destination and it is worth any effort to go there.
However I would like to point out a few glitches I ran into regarding the organization:
1. In feb. 2002 the web page advertised that you would get a t-shirt and a jacket with paid registration. Later the jacket 'disappeared' from the text.
2. Regarding the pasta party: in the ticket there was an ad about a shuttle to get to the party. Again it was cancelled, you had to there by yourself.
3. I tried to buy a souvenir glass at the PIM expo priced at Czk 20 paying with a Czk 50 bill: sorry, no change.
4. About the race itself: most of it was outside the city limits, and it wasn't very scenic compared to the part of the race in the town center.
5. I also felt the supplies you get during the race (Iso, water, fruit) were a bit on the short side.
All of this reminds me of the old salesman saying: 'I promise things to sell, and after I sell I forgot the things I promised'
I don't know if I am being too hard on this evaluation, I think that after I run 2 o 3 more marathons I would be able to compare more accurately.