My first 'marthon of suffering' (General Comments)|
A Runner from San Francisco, CA (11/1/00)
This was my first marathon, and whilst I was excited to complete it in such a beautiful city, I was sorry to see that the bad weather kept many potential spectators away. The loneliest stretches of the course were the hardest.
1) The water bottles were excellent.
2) The sun when it finally came out, around mile 17.
3) The pints of Guiness afterwards
1) The organization of the expo. I waited in line for 2 hours to get my packet. There should have been specific lines for specific number groups.
2) There should have been some type of food (powerbars, gels, candies) at the waterstop.
3) More spectators would have been nice.
But overall, I would do it again, if I could only guarantee a dry day!