Pretty good for its first year (about: 2011)|
BigDaddy Wilkinson from Michigan (5/9/11)
11-50 previous marathons
I did the half.
1. Parking and packet pick-up were easy and painless.
2. The starting corral was very narrow and congested. Once the race began, it was fine. It was difficult to line up towards the front unless you were willing to stand around for a long time.
3. The course had a lot more spectators than I expected. Parts of it were scenic and parts were industrial. Two pretty good uphills.
4. After the 11 mile-mark, one runner near me didn't see the turn-around. No one was there to alert us. I then nearly missed the trail were supposed to turn at. There were no arrows/cones/volunteers directing.
5. There was a long wait for results/awards.
6. The announcer was tireless and inspiring.
It was a good effort for an inaugural race, but there is room for improvement.