It'll take all you've got... (about: 2004)|
Brick Wall from NC (5/15/05)
6-10 previous marathons
| 1 Boogie Marathon
Be prepared for a hard, hilly course on a hot June night. Add twenty minutes to your last marathon time.
With that said, here are the top five reasons to run the Boogie Marathon or the Boogie 50-miler:
1. It is a small, rural, well-organized event for people who really enjoy running.
2. Unlike big races (Disney, etc.), you won't be surrounded by runners talking on their cell phones, saying inane things like, 'Hey Bob -- guess what? I'm running a marathon! Meet me at mile 6 with a couple of chili dogs and a pint of Ben & Jerry's.'
3. Your next flat marathon will seem way too easy and you'll have license to mock runners who complain about gentle grades and rolling hills.
4. Since you'll be on the same course as the 50-milers, you will be thoroughly giddy at the finish knowing you've already got your pottery award and the 50-milers have another 23.8 miles to go.
5. No matter how long it takes you to finish, you'll know you are no longer an casual marathoner. You will feel like you have kicked &*(.
Run the Boogie - if you think you're tough enough to handle it.