Absolutely GREAT!!! (about: 2003)|
L. M. from Canada (Montreal) (10/16/03)
I am very excited to share my first marathon with you. I ran the Ottawa Fall Colors Marathon in 4:16 last weekend.
The weather was fabulous: 9°C at start time and about 20°C at finish with light winds.
Here are some characteristics of this race:
- Small marathon; about 130 runners, but about 1,000 more participants ran the half, 10k, 5k and 1k.
- We start and finish in the Cumberland Heritage Village. It almost feels like you start and finish in a stadium.
- Hilly course, but if you ran hills just a few times before, you are going to be just fine.
- 21k loop. The second time around is pretty lonely due to the low number of runners and there is not much of a crowd (however, the ones that are there are very supportive), but if you are used to running your long runs alone, no problem there again.
- All volunteers were GREAT!!!
- One of the advantages of running a new marathon (only their second edition), is that you have no problem getting a massage after the race :-)
- The after-race food was absolutely fabulous (hot chili, pasta, etc.)
- Nice draw prizes, free shirts and finisher's medals.
I would ABSOLUTELY recommend it!!!