I've both run and walked marathons. Frankly, I both run and walk slowly. As far as difficulty, here is how I rate these activities (with "1" being the most difficult)
1) walking a judged racewalk marathon (40K to 50K). The last time I tried this (judged 50K) I got DQ'ed at 37 km (23 miles)
2) Racing a running marathon. A hard running marathon tears me up for 4-6 weeks afterwards
3) Racing an unjudged walking marathon. I've done these at "puke effort" but these don't tear me up as badly as a running marathon does.
4) Doing an "easy" run marathon (runnign without a time/place goal)
5) Doing an easy "run/walk" marathon.
6) Walking a marathon at an easy pace.
Post a reply on the Bulletin Board | Send email reply to ollie