1. Root for everyone on Monday -- my actual "notification" day -- anyone who I "know here" should my email (above) into the Nextel "pacer" so I know where you are on the course! (I have thru next Friday -- so ya gotta finish by then tho *smile*)
2. The Universe is watching -- the guy who I was supposed to "network with" had to bail on the run. Hallelujah. I will meet the REST of them at the Marin Brew Co (I'll at least wear running clothes *smile*)
3. The hammy/IT band/knee/yadda yadda is not good -- when I realized I had to start going to the doctors NOW so that my cafeteria plan/med money was 'used up' by the 19th, I started yday and was even gone 1/2 of the work day today thusfar (what are they gunna do? fire me? Oh dear...atti-TOOD). The pain and contortions I have just been put thru and a lot of "tongue-clicking" (you know, of the "and exactly HOW have you been WALKING on this, dear? variety) has been a bit much (smile) but the tentative on this from les docteurs is that I can not run AT ALL between now and the marathon, that I have to continue to go to chiropractic/sports med/etc. (part of which would be on my own dime) at least 2-3x/wk until the mary, to work on it/break it up/etc. (plus phys therapy), and then "I might be able to" run the race. Don't worry - you know me - I'll be there. I have to try to beat Dr. Steve's predicted time now, don't I?
4. No work in sight -- I have been depressed and scared. Those of you who know me in "cyberspace" may wonder what I'm like "in person" -- I'm just like I am in "cyberspace." So, you know that this is unlike me. It feels unlike me to me, too. Icky.
5. We found out that people can't "run you in" at Big Sur. I was really counting on H helping me out from Mile 20 in. (If you don't get to Mile 22 in a certain time, they strip you of your number.) One of the funnier parts of this marathon has been (ahem) that an old boyfriend (the 20-marathon runner, did Great Wall, etc., if you remember my old posts) was going to do it with me, but he backed out at the last minute, even tho he has a number. ANYWAY, H, who said he would NEVER EVER race, etc., said he would "think about" taking J's number and ID, and possibly running the race. Yes -- I know -- marathon is an individual sport, etc. etc. -- and he might not do it, in the end. But he's considering it -- and this really makes me smile.
So that is the update.......
You know, you guys rock.
Post a reply on the Bulletin Board | Send email reply to Voodoo